RETHINK : REBOOT : REVAMP – By Young Architects Studio
“Architecture saving OUR world” has a special meaning this year. As the world is facing an unprecedented crisis of a pandemic, it is even more important for Architects and Designers, young and younger, to get together; to RETHINK our current practices; to REBOOT our outdated systems; to REVAMP our future.
Following our previous successful “Open Studio”, YAL is back with the third edition! Rebranded as YAS (Young Architects Studio), this year’s event will feature students from multiple architecture schools, alongside 3 young architects, coming together to discuss and share their perspectives on the relevance of architecture through this year’s theme of “Architecture saving OUR world”. Come and join us and learn more about what architecture students explore academically and how they can be applied in reality!
In the 1960s, 3 young architects, freshly graduated from their architectural schools, teamed up with 3 slightly more established architects, formed a group known as ARCHIGRAM (formed from two words - Architecture & Telegram). Based at the Architectural Association in London, ARCHIGRAM produced hypothetical projects, expressing their vision of the future at that time, addressing several architectural issues: anti-heroism, pro-consumerism, mass production, etc. As a reaction to Modernist Architecture, ARCHIGRAM painted a highly seductive vision, often comic-like, of a glamorous future machine age. Drawing inspirations from technology, they created visions of highly flexible and mobile spaces or even infrastructure of cities that can move from one environment to another in response to climate changes.
“Architecture saving OUR world” has a special meaning this year. With the world facing an unprecedented crisis of a pandemic, it is even more important for Architects and Designers, young and younger, to get together; to RETHINK our current practices; to REBOOT our outdated systems; to REVAMP the future.
In a similar spirit of ARCHIGRAM, Young Architects’ Studio (YAS) seeks to provide a platform for both practitioners and young architects / designers to-be, to come together and share their works under the broad theme of “Architecture saving OUR world”, and the sub-themes of YAS 2020 - RETHINK, REBOOT, REVAMP.
1) To provide a platform for aspiring designers, young designers, and young architects to interact, showcase and discuss their ideas, works and aspirations.
2) To demonstrate SIA-YAL support for designers and architects in research and innovation of architectural design
3) To generate awareness in public regarding our local architectural industry and on SIA-YAL role in promoting architectural excellence.
Wong Ker How, ASOLIDPLAN
Jonathan Poh, Provolk
Trecia Lim, WeCreate Studio
Rudy Taslim, Genesis Architects
Alban Mannisi, Fatima Zehra, Shota Saito, Edward Kermode
Bonaventura Kevin, Toby Fong, Fong Shi Yuan, Han Yi
Rebecca Tan, Jeanette Lee, Sean Lee, Ng Su Wen, Lester Lim, Grace Sim, Wen Qi
Important to Note:
- We may provide your contact information to Event Partners / Sponsors for any sessions or activities you have attended involving our Event Partner / Sponsors.
- The Forum join link and password will be sent via email 1 day before the session.
- The Forum join link and password will be sent via email latest 1 hour before the session for last-minute sign-ups.
- The Forum will be opened for registered participants to enter 30 minutes before the session.
- The Forum will be locked 10 minutes after the session begins.
- For purchase of more than one ticket, please provide the details of all participants. A Zoom link to access the registered session(s) will be shared with the respective participants. This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to each participant.
- During the sharing session, attendees other than the forum panel will be muted.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the Q&A and we will try to address them at the end.
- During the Q&A session, attendees will be unmuted to allow for discussion.
- Do note that this session will be recorded.
This Forum is an initiative of Singapore Archifest 2020: www.archifest.sg
- The event description was updated. Diff#752552 2020-09-26 16:18:43